Postive role models encourage children to practice sun safe behaviours.
- Wear a sun safe hat which is broad-brimmed, bucket or legionnaire
- Be seen by your children applying sunscreen before heading outside.
- Dress appropriately. Try to choose a shirt with a collar and sleeves.
- Pop on a pair of sunglasses.
- Choose shaded areas whenever you are outside for lessons or on breaks.
Role modelling and implementing these five sun protection behaviours will also reduce YOUR risk of skin cancer at the same time!