Dear Parents and Carers,
Sunshine on our playground! What a beautiful sight! Let us hope we have many more days like these.
I am hoping that all parents received the email yesterday stating our return to face to face learning as of next Monday 11 May. This decision is based on advice from government and medical authorities and will be reviewed if cases of COVID 19 present in our region. Therefore, the remote model of learning will cease. Parents wanting to keep their children at home from 11 May are able to do so but are advised to contact the school and speak with their child’s class teacher to make alternative arrangements for their learning.
As we return to face to face please be aware that Catholic Education advises that we minimise the number of adults coming onto the premises to reduce the possible risk of COVID-19 transmission.
In order to do this :
- Please make appointments ahead of time and if possible, telephone or use email as the preferred method of contact with your child’s teacher or staff member.
- Drop off arrangements-Parents are asked to say goodbye to their children at the gates and staff will assist students who need support to walk into the weather shed.
- Pick Up arrangements-Parents are asked to remain at the gate in the afternoon keeping to social distancing recommendations of 1.5m.
We thank you for your cooperation with these changes. Let us hope and pray that they are not in place for too long.
Staff Update: On another note, we welcome Ms Megan Gould to St Mary’s this Thursday to be the Year 2/3 teacher replacing Ms Courtnee Leigh. Ms Leigh has resigned due to a medical emergency. Please keep Ms Leigh in your thoughts and prayers.
Have a lovely week everyone and enjoy the sunshine, and the rain too!
- Drop off arrangements - Parents are asked to say goodbye to their children at the gates and staff will assist students who need support to walk into the weather shed.
- Pick Up arrangements - Parents are asked to remain at the gate in the afternoon keeping to social distancing recommendations of 1.5.
Holiday birthday wishes go to Edie who turned 8 on the 13th April. Also Hunter H who turned 10 on the 2nd May and Morgan and Lacey who turned 9 on the 3rd May. We hope you all had a wonderful birthday.
Also happy birthday to Jessica who will turn 7 this Sunday 10th May.
For all your WINTER uniform needs please send in your order with the receipt number for payment to the office email or call in and see Tracee Thursday & Fridays.
We accept cash or direct deposit in to the Community Council account.