Why choose us?
* Small class sizes allow for individualised attention
* We consider ourselves a family orientated school
* Strong community spirit
* We develop the whole child academically, spiritually, morally and physically
* School choir and sports teams
* Reading and writing programs
* Everyone is welcome and treated with respect and dignity
* Interactive whiteboards and iPads for learning
* Inter-school and Gala Day sporting opportunities
* Kindergarten buddy system with year 6 students
* School bus service
Building positive relationships with all students.
Focusing on student well-being and pastoral support of students and families.
Teaching with excellence using explicit instruction in Literacy and Numeracy and implementing the principles of the Science of Learning and the Science of Reading.
Providing a balance of learning opportunities across all KLA’s of Religious Education, Creative Arts, the Humanities, Science and Technology and PDHPE.
Differentiating learning opportunities in multistage classrooms and implementing inclusive practices for students' individual needs.
Prioritising opportunities for parent engagement by communicating clearly and warmly.
Collaborating with our Community Council and the parent representatives.
Working in partnership with the St Mary’s Parish.
Building compassion through social justice initiatives.
Celebrating and acknowledging the indigenous students and the wider indigenous community.
Celebrating and acknowledging our growing cultural diversity in our school and in the wider community.
Our school prayer
In everything that we think, say and do today,
May others see that you live in each one of us.
Please help all of us at St Mary's to show care,
Concern and mercy towards others,
Mary our mother look after us.
Our church building was blessed by Rev. John.D. and dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on the 5th of March 1928. The men of St Joseph's Society built the church as a gift of free labour, under the direction of Rev. H.J Devine.
|PHONE||02 6947 4599|
|ADDRESS||St Mary's Church, Selwyn Street, Batlow|
8.30am on the 2nd Sunday
5pm on the 4th Sunday
8.30am on the 1st, 3rd & 5th Sundays